Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Skinfood is toxic!

I was reading through blogs when I saw Wan's post about Skinfood is toxic.

For me it was, SAY IT ISN'T SO!

So I went to her link and read.

"Products involved are Skinfood Jojoba Pure Nail PK004 and Milk Creamy Nail Base Coat. The two products were found to contain 9.7 and 11 ppm of Benzene respectively."

What's Benzene?


"Methanol is highly toxic while there is an established link between Benzene and leukemia."

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? says me.

I was shocked because Skinfood's other products thive on being 'fresh' and all natural.

If you want to read the whole article, click here.

Now, I'm just being optimistic and hoping it's just those 2, (which I don't own) but I somehow highly doubt it.

This is a sad sad day for me...
So, I know that bottle! Is Canmake affected too??????????????

4 comments:

Jamie K. said...

sad day indeed. sigh. but i only own nail vita... *prays*

Skulda said...

Well.... that sucks.
But when you think about it, nail polish is bad for you anyways. You're exposing your flesh to chemicals to wipe the polish off and your skin soaks it up... then the chemicals go straight for your liver. Polish companies are doing what they can to cut the more dangerous chemicals out, but it doesn't make it perfect.
But you can also argue there are chemicals in your food and in your drugs and in everything. So I guess it depends on how you look at it.

It makes me sad. I was curious about Skin Food.

Martje said...

Hmm I`m still curious about Skinfood tough :S

The Green Fairy said...

Skulda has a good point. I think I will still use Skinfood but for a limited time and perhaps just as a layering polish.

I mean everything kills us eventually. And I'm not drinking the stuff...

@Martje I hope they haven't pulled it off the shelves here!!! >,<